Find the best Video Poker casinos in the USA today and start playing for real money! Video Poker is an electronic version of Poker that many gamblers enjoy at online casinos and land-based gambling establishments. The game is very much a hybrid of Poker and slots and offers a very low house edge.
Video Poker is quite easy to play and understand, making it great for players who don’t want something too stressful. It’s just you versus the game, no dealer, no other players. Our complete Video Poker guide will help new players get to grips with the basics, learn how to play, and tell you a bit about the different versions of the game. Get started with our guide now, and you’ll be a pro in no time.
Top-Rated Video Poker Casino Sites
100% Welcome Bonus
Video Poker vs Online Poker
Unless you’re completely new to the gambling world, you’ve probably heard the terms Video Poker and Online Poker. They’re obviously similar to each other, but what makes them different, and why should you choose one over the other. Online Poker is the online version of the game and involves players competing against each other to build the best possible hand.
Video Poker follows many similar principles and rules; however, you are not competing against any other players. In Video Poker, you are trying to build the best possible hand from the paytable. It is definitely a simplified version of the game. You only make one bet at the start of the round, in most cases, rather than multiple rounds of betting per hand in regular Poker.
How to Play Video Poker
Playing Video Poker is very simple and easy to understand. If you’ve never played before, here is a crash course on the basics of how to play Video Poker.
- Step 1 – Sign up at a Casino site of your choice. We have a good selection of trustworthy casino sites that you can choose.
- Step 2 – Deposit funds into your account.
- Step 3 – Select a Video Poker game from the casino’s library.
- Step 4 – Place our initial bet. Once you’re done, click deal.
- Step 5 – You will now be dealt five cards.
- Step 6 – Look at the cards you have been dealt and see if you have any potential winning hands.
- Step 7 – Discard any cards that you think are weak. You could discard all five cards if you think your initial cards were really bad.
- Step 8 – Any discarded cards will then be replaced.
- Step 9 – The game will then compare the hand you have built to the game’s paytable. If your hand appears on the paytable, the game will work out your winnings and payout.
How We Rate Video Poker Casinos
When playing Video Poker at an online casino, it is important to find a gambling site that is safe and trustworthy. Below is a list of things we look for when we rate Video Poker casinos before recommending them to our readers. This can help readers rate casinos themselves to see if they feel safe.
- Safety and Regulation – The most important thing to check before we can recommend a casino site is whether the site is safe, trustworthy, and properly regulated. We always make sure that the casino holds a valid licence, the games are from a trusted developer, and the games are regularly tested for fairness.
- Casino Bonuses – The next thing we like to consider is the casino bonuses and other promotional offers. We check to see what the Welcome Bonus is like and any other offers from the casino. We also make the terms and conditions are fair as well.
- Video Poker Variety – The next thing on our list is the variety of Video Poker games and other casino games. If Video Poker is your game of choice, you don’t want to sign up at a casino with a very limited selection of Video Poker games.
- Mobile Gambling – The next thing we check is what the casinos mobile compatibility is like. How do the games run on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets? Is it easy to use on mobile?
- Fast Payouts – Another important aspect to consider is the payout times. In order for us to recommend a casino site, it needs to payout winnings in a timely fashion.
- Range of Banking Options – Related to the previous point, it is also important to look at the banking options available at a given casino. There needs to be a wide range of deposit and payout methods for players to use.
- Customer support – Finally, customer support is an important aspect to consider when choosing your next casino. Players need to make sure the support team is professional and available 24/7.
Most Popular Video Poker Games
One of the best things about Video Poker is the sheer number of different variants available to players. Each version has slightly different rules, which makes for a new experience. Players can also play versions of Video Poker where they play multiple hands at once, in some cases up to 50 or more hands. Below is a list of some of the most popular versions available and a brief description of each.
Deuces Wild is one of the most popular versions of Video Poker available at casino sites in the USA. It is played with a standard deck of 52 cards. What makes Dueces Wild unique, though, is players can decide what the Deuces are valued at, as well as the Two Point cards. This makes the game significantly easier to win, but this does mean the payouts are lower. Still, because it is easier to win, it is extremely popular with gamblers.
Another popular version of the game is Double Bonus Video Poker. The unique take on this game is that there are two special bonuses that can be unlocked. These are both unlocked by landing four of a kind hands.
Jokers Wild is another great version of Video Poker. It is played with a standard deck of 52 cards, plus one Joker. As the name suggests, if you get dealt the Joker, it can become any card to make a winning combination
Double Double Bonus
This variant of the game is also very popular amongst gamblers and is extremely similar to Double Bonus Poker. It also pays more for Four of a Kind Hands, but kicks it up a notch with additional kickers. There is also a Triple Bonus version of the game that adds even more bonus wins.
Multi-hand versions can be found for many different versions of Video Poker, including many of the games we have already spoken about. The games allow players to play multiple hands simultaneously, as many as they want, up to the specified limit by the game. In some cases, this can be up to 50 hands or even 100 in some cases. Be aware, though, if you make a $1 bet, you have to pay $1 for every hand you play.
Easy Tips for Video Poker Games
For new players looking to get involved with playing Video Poker, we want our readers to have the best chance of success. While winning requires luck, skill does play a part, and there are some strategies and tips that can help improve your chances. Below is a list of tips for new Video Poker players.
Learn the Variants
The most important tip we can give players is to learn what makes each version of Video Poker unique. There are numerous different games out there, each with a slightly different take on the rules. Some offer bigger payouts, while others offer better odds. Players need to understand this and decide which game is the best fit for them.
Try Play Maximum Coin Bets
In order to get the most out of your Video Poker experience, we highly recommend playing the Maximum Coin Bets.
Understanding the Pay Tables
It is also very important for players to study each game’s paytable and figure out exactly what hands they need to get in order to win. Understanding this makes it much easier to decide what cards to keep and what cards to discard.
Lastly, it is vital players properly manage their bankrolls. While player skill can help with results, luck is a big factor too. This means players need to make sure they don’t spend more money than they can afford to lose and do not chase losses, trying to win back money already lost.